LAFAYETTE, Colo. – April 6, 2020 – KPA, a leading provider of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Workforce Compliance software, consulting, and training, announced today the acquisition of Multimedia Training Systems (MTS), a safety training company specializing in life-saving video programs for the manufacturing industry. MTS training is used by more than 90% of all North American steel mills and is strong in adjacent industries including steel processing, tube and pipe manufacturing, joist and rebar fabrication, metals recycling, plastics manufacturing, and recycling, concrete and asphalt, service centers, and more.
“MTS is a tremendous fit for KPA,” said Chris Fanning, KPA President and Chief Executive Officer. “We share a similar vision, culture, and mission for helping our clients improve their safety programs and save lives. The addition of MTS to the KPA team will enhance our ability to provide clients with an integrated portfolio of environment, health, and safety software, consulting services, and comprehensive training with both online and in-person content.”
MTS takes a unique and integrated approach to safety training by offering:
- Real-world training videos that make a lasting impact on employees. MTS interviews injured workers and their families and often records training videos on-site at a client’s facilities to ensure the training is highly relevant and impactful.
- Access to a video training portal where clients can view an extensive library of training videos, environmental releases, toolbox talks, and featured segments that include short interviews, accident and near-miss simulations.
- Access to the MTS Custom Course Builder, which allows organizations to develop individualized training courses using prefabricated content modules from MTS.
- Access to the MTS SafetyNet Learning Management System (LMS), so organizations can record and track all training that takes place at any facility, whether via computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- A complete contractor safety system, Con-Track, which enables organizations to ensure full safety training compliance for contract workers.
- A third-party driver safety system, Driver-Track, which ensures that drivers are sufficiently trained to properly operate and work while at a client’s facility.
“KPA is the ideal new owner for MTS,” said Dave Coffaro, President of MTS. “We share a common vision for helping clients tangibly improve their safety programs, and with KPA there are great possibilities for expanding the depth and breadth of training solutions we can offer the market, and to leverage KPA’s resources and expertise.”
“We are extremely excited about the safety and compliance market. There is a tremendous demand for software, consulting, and training solutions that help organizations digitize and improve their safety programs, reduce injuries, and lower the financial risk of workplace incidents,” said Will Hughes, Managing Director at Providence Equity Partners, the majority shareholder in KPA. “We see a great opportunity with MTS joining KPA and look forward to future investments in this market.”
Existing MTS operations will continue business as usual, and MTS clients will receive the same level of high-quality customer support as prior to the acquisition. KPA will continue MTS operations based in Pittsburgh, Penn.